Coping With Genital Herpes
Have you been told that you are infected with Genital Herpes with no cure? This is very
devastating and embarrassing news for anyone who has been diagnosed with genital herpes. One should know that
genital herpes is just a disease not a death sentence or a death penalty and it won’t kill you. Don’t get
yourself too down or depressed thinking about this matter. Herpes is just a disease that is very common and
may occur to anybody and chances are one of your friends, family members or co-workers have been infected
with it. This is natural feeling that one feels, you have to learn how to overcome this situation, get up and
live a normal life again. Bear in mind that you are not herpes you just have herpes.
One should know that genital herpes
• A virus that causes viral skin lesions, blisters or sores around the skin, mouth called the HPV
1 and genital herpes in which the sores appear around the areas on the genitals and anus
• Herpes symptoms may not appear to anyone who has been infected and they will not know if they
• Herpes virus may be transmitted from person to person by direct skin-to-skin contact on the
person who has it.
• Herpes viruses often appear as blisters, sores around the mouth or on the
• When you have herpes virus, you will feel the tingling or itching on the skin where the sores
will appear until it burst then forms a crust then completely healed and a new skin will appear.
• Herpes is often transmitted by an infected person not knowing he or she has the disease since
they have not been diagnosed and unaware that they are carriers of a contagious disease.
• Herpes will usually heal approximately 7-14 days from the onset of the virus
• Genital herpes is transmitted by having sex (vaginal, oral, and anal) with an infected
• During the outbreak of genital herpes, the infection is spread through sharing some personal
things like towel, undies, etc. Positive Singles
Coping With Genital Herpes
Coping with genital herpes during outbreaks is
important to live a happy and healthy life. Here are some advices on how to live a life with
• Never have sex with your partner during an outbreak so as not to spread it.
• Always practice safe sex all the time. Use condom to reduce the risk of transmitting it to your
• Avoid sharing of your personal things like towel, handkerchiefs, and undies with your lover,
partner or friends.
• Never share your sex toys with anybody.
• Always practice good hygiene like washing your hands before and after to keep the bacteria away.
Make it a habit to wash your hands after using the bathroom.
• Have a balanced a healthy diet to keep your immune system strong to fight against any bacteria.
• Exercise like jogging, walking, swimming or any physical activity to get rid of toxins on your
• Avoid being stressed as stress can trigger the outbreak of herpes. The nature of herpes often
leads to depression and an overall gloomy outlook on life.
• Make it a habit to have at least 8 hours of sleep everyday
There certain drugs on the market today that helps reduce the frequency and occurrence of
outbreaks. Discuss these matters with your doctor before taking any medications or any herbal treatment.
During an outbreak of genital herpes, it is best to keep the area dry and clean most of the time. Take
a warm bath to cleanse the area where the sore or blisters are present.
So in this world we are living and from all the danger out there protect yourself first before
sliding between the sheets. Life can still be beautiful even with the presence of genital herpes.
Coping with genital herpes and learning the steps to proper management during herpes outbreaks means
enduring on into the future with confidence and a brighter perspective of life. Positive Singles